Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Beauty is Not in Perfection



If you can't read the words on the picture click on it, reading the words will bring back memories and uplift. If not, then perhaps your heart has problems not of the type solved by a cardiologist.

Beauty is not in perfection.

It is in friendship.

This engraved stone monument reminds me to be grateful that I have not had to journey through life alone. I owe so much to other people who have entered my life. Some on purpose. Some quite by chance. Some stayed. Some ran out quickly.

There is a companion quote by the Roman orator, Cicero.

“Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

It is an irony of life that from this vantage point, I know there are those wonderful individuals that can never be repaid directly. The ones that when I stumbled showed forgiveness, love and a helping hand back up.

One of the beauties of having a garden is that when I am alone in it, I get lost in thought. Sometimes in the wonder of anonymous freindship. Of happenstance meetings that changed my life for the better.

When I am in my garden, I thank God for all of you. And pray that when I come upon someone in need of a hand up, that I will follow your example.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraging blessings! Please send your thoughts- unless you look like a robot, in which case you'll be ignored.