Tuesday, June 7, 2011

What Should be Sent Over the Internet- Words to Live By

We awoke to a very good 57 ° F. Light clouds drip-dried during the overnight. What hit the ground would only be called rain in Southern California-like climes. 

I think today we all got treated to more than enough news of what should not be sent over the Internet. When a man sends compromising pictures over the Internet- that is nothing more than flashing cyber-style. Enough. 

 Walk away. Maybe on a path of stained glass  and marble stepping stones.



 Glenda Thompson- Bona  shared these images of sandal stepping stones she crafted from Michael's kits.  She says-

" I used my own marbles for the straps, then separated out the colors of glass and used color themes for each set. I added some of my own scrap glass
but most of it was from the kit. I have a lot of their roughly broken glass
pieces left from the kits I bought. "


Oregon Sue Maxwell shared this list with our Daily Drivel Gang- Please enjoy.


An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'


1. Pray

 
2. Go to bed on time.

3. Get up on time so you can start the day unrushed.


4. Say No to projects that won't fit into your time schedule, or that will compromise your mental health.


5. Delegate tasks to capable others.


6. Simplify and unclutter your life.


7. Less is more. (Although one is often not enough, two are often too many.)


8. Allow extra time to do things and to get to places.


9. Pace yourself. Spread out big changes and difficult


projects over time; don't lump the hard things all together.


10. Take one day at a time.


11. Separate worries from concerns. If a situation is a concern,


find out what God would have you do and let go of the anxiety.


If you can't do anything about a situation, forget it.


12. Live within your budget; don't use credit cards for ordinary purchases.


13.. Have backups; an extra car key in your wallet, an extra house key buried in the garden, extra stamps, etc.


14. K.M.S.. (Keep Mouth Shut). This single piece of advice can prevent an enormous amount of trouble.


15. Do something for the Kid in You everyday.


16. Carry a spiritually enlightening book with you to read while waiting in line.


17. Get enough rest.


18. Eat right.


19. Get organized so everything has its place.    

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE the stepping stones!!! I may have to search out a kit and make my own~! Thanks L. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADORABLE!!!
    LOVE the stepping stones!! So cute! So she bought the kit at Michaels. Must have been heavy with two slabs of cement in the kit. Very cute!

    I didn't see Oregon Sue's list of advice before. Where did she have it written? Very good points! Was it an original or did she copy it from somewhere?

    Hugs, Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oregon Sue and Trisha- Thank you for being my early birds. So far we have not been able to find author to attribute to- but searching for more definitive answer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I love it! I love those flip flops too. So cute.

    Thanks so much for visiting my blog. It's a pleasure to find yours too.

    Have a great day!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Pam. I am sooooo enjoying your blog. I get to stretch my horizons without using any gasoline.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraging blessings! Please send your thoughts- unless you look like a robot, in which case you'll be ignored.