Thursday, June 30, 2011

Spa Water

There is no surprise more magical than the surprise of being loved. It is God's finger on man's shoulder. ~Charles Morgan

When the weather is hot, don't we all appreciated simplicity in a way that escapes us on winter days? We need to stay hydrated both for physical health and beauty.


This summer in particular, I find we are all looking for refreshments that are light, refreshing, and inexpensive.

At an interview on the history of Diamond Bar, long time community activist Sue Sisk served me this spa water that her massage therapist introduced to her. It is simply


In a crystal pitcher add a handful each of 
  • Mint
  • Cucumber
  • Lemon
Gently pour ice cold filtered water and allow to steep. Refill with more water as needed.

I could not get enough. I can't wait to serve to Gerry. It is so good in and of itself, I'm looking for company to fix it for.


6 comments:

  1. life is full tension and busy its good offer for us.


    SPA Packages

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isshat- If I am ever on your continent, I shall have to look up your spa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lydia,

    I had to laugh when you first talked about drinking "spa water"! My thought was the spa in your backyard! LOL Oh that looked yummy and refreshing! It reminded me of a southern beverage with the mint.

    XOT

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds vey very refreshing...!!

    Lydia, it is worth driving up to L.A. for just about ANYTHING at Sweet Lady Jane's, (Melrose Ave & Orlando)...But of course, this cake is my FAVORITE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh Lydia, I loved this recipe and I'm gonna try it today. I have all the ingredients and this weekend the temperatures are soaring. This will be perfect! It sounds so refreshing and deelish. Thanks for sharing with us and for stopping by with your sweet comment on my painted projects. Enjoyed reading it. Happy Sunday to you!~Poppy

    http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trisha- I promise not to serve any water from the hot tub):-

    OOLH- Sweet Lady Jane's it is.

    Poppy- You will LOVE how it will quench your thirst on a really hot day. Rescued me after working in the garden until the temp tipped just above 97 degrees.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraging blessings! Please send your thoughts- unless you look like a robot, in which case you'll be ignored.