Thursday, February 23, 2012

Flying over Loud and Low~ Advice on Friendship

It came in loud and low over my shoulder. So low, I wondered if it would miss the ridge line- just out of sight. Shooting images for a tutorial on plant posture in the garden, I turned the camera towards the roar of a jet engine. Understand. We don't live under a flight path. The flight wasn't in the direction between logical airports.


A commercial airliner- maybe a Boeing- it had no business in the airspace. Or maybe it did and it just wasn't obvious.


 

 Guess what flew over the following morning while I was downloading images from the day before? The pair of helicopters collectively known as a single name: Marine One. Same flight path, same altitude as yesterday's flying interloper.  A coincidence? I don't know. But I am glad LA Traffic didn't bare the brunt of a presidential visit.  



Life has been very full since I last opened the garden gates to company. We even got a nice drenching of rain. When it was all over, it was nice to see most of the early bloom on the tabebuia still poised on branch tips.


Let me bid you adieu with a bit of wisdom by the African-American novelist and educator, Gloria Naylor

"Sometimes being a friend means mastering the art of timing. There is a time for silence. A time to let go and allow people to hurl themselves into their own destiny. And a time to prepare to pick up the pieces when it’s all over."

3 comments:

  1. Now that you mention it, there was a plane not on its usual flight path as I drove home down the 57. I hoped it wasn't in trouble... Lovely to see the blooms on the tabebuia (now I know the name of those pink blooms!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great quote, my dear...! And I always enjoy any and all pictures of your Garden....hat plane and then the Helicopters---I believe it was the Presidents....On his way somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lydia, what a great ending. I know you said that in a Daily Drivel the other day, but never knew the source. So true, eh!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraging blessings! Please send your thoughts- unless you look like a robot, in which case you'll be ignored.