Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day - May 2012


"I am not sure exactly what heaven will be like, but I know that when we die and it comes time for God to judge us, he will not ask, 'How many good things have you done in your life?' rather he will ask, 'How much love did you put into what you did?" 
~ Mother Teresa



Our oldest son sent a Mother's Day card, telling me to "Take the day off. Smell some of the roses."


When the color swirls over the petals as it does in 'The Disneyland Rose'- scent is an option


Particularly if your garden is like mine, a living perfumery. 


A niece bought her first home. Soon, some of her grandmother's purple iris will be shipped her way. 
The trumpet vine taught me to never give up on love. It died. So I thought. Evidently, not. 




An old bonsai pot taught me to think twice before giving in to my urge to purge. The shallow pot is under the cascading  Hatiora gaetneri- the spring blooming Easter Cactus. Tracing its ancestry back to on-high in Brazilian tropical rain forest trees, if it can be hybridized for a longer bloom season, perhaps the new cultivar might be named 'orchid cactus'. 


This year, the backyard is a bit chaotic. Just as life can be. Just love it. Work at it. Live in the moment- but with a plan.  


Linking to May Dreams Gardens world wide garden party. 

9 comments:

  1. I don't know, my dear...Your Garden Looks GORGEOUS, to me. So full of color and beauty--Chaotic? Not to my eye....
    I love that picture with the Bird House in it....I know you have more than one Bird House----I LOVE them! Everything looks so pretty and cheerful....! LOVE that Rose, too.....Oh My. Nature is just the gift that keeps on giving...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I see your Disneyland roses, I think, "This is the one!" But then when I saw them at Roger's, I wasn't so sure. It's certainly very photogenic. I love how the centranthus frames your shots. And that vine? It just needed a little down time before bursting back to life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much for linking up to Fishtail Cottage's Garden party this week! ive never heard of a Disneyland Rose before - thank you for sharing! xoxo, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning, Nikki! The Disneyland sometimes sulks, then when I treat them the way they want to be- the bounce back. The trumpet vine- it went into hiding for 5 years. Waited until I had given up on shade- and now it gallops.
    Tracie- Thank you for hosing the Garden Party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, went to Descanso last Thursday and saw 'Easy Does It' which starts with tantalizing tangerine and blushes to a tropical pink. Need to look at habit though. Hope your trumpet vine takes no more sabbaticals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Nikki. I have two Easy Does It in my front yard. Looks like they will mature to medium sized and shrubby. Slightly better than average on diseases- rust is the one that gives it the most heebie-jeebies):-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Nikki. I have two Easy Does It in my front yard. Looks like they will mature to medium sized and shrubby. Slightly better than average on diseases- rust is the one that gives it the most heebie-jeebies):-

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraging blessings! Please send your thoughts- unless you look like a robot, in which case you'll be ignored.